WHY CAN’T I LOG ON TO SCREAMBOX?
Login troubles can usually be fixed by resetting your password.
Go to the login page and click the red “Forgot password?” link. A pop up will appear asking you to enter your email address (if nothing shows up, make sure your browser is set to allow pop ups). Enter the email address associated with your Screambox account, and we will send you instructions for resetting your password.
You can also login using your Facebook account.
If those options don’t work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can reset the password for you.
WHY CAN’T I GET VIDEO TO PLAYBACK ON THE CHROME BROWSER ON MY ANDROID DEVICE?
In order to playback video using the Chrome mobile web browser on an Android device, the video player needs to be set to full-screen mode. Click on the small box just the right of the elapsed time indicator to enter full-screen mode. Once there you will be able to play the desired video.
HOW DO I PLAY SCREAMBOX ON ROKU?
If you are having trouble with your Roku device, visit the Help with Devices page.
To play Screambox on Roku, download Screambox from the Channel Store, by following these steps:
- Go to the Roku Channel Store
- Search for Screambox (make sure it’s one word)
- Press “Add Channel”
Once the app has been launched, either click the Account tab, or just select any movie you want to watch. You will be prompted to enter your Screambox login information, which are the email and password you used to create your account on Screambox.com. If you don’t have a subscription, you will be prompted to create one.
GETTING STARTED ON IPHONE, IPAD, OR OTHER APPLE DEVICE.
If you are having trouble with your Apple product, visit the Help with Devices page.
To get access to Screambox on iPad, download the Screambox app from the App Store. From there, launch the Screambox app and enter the email and password used to create your account on Screambox.com.
GETTING STARTED ON ANDROID
If you are having trouble with your Android product, visit the Help with Devices page.
To watch Screambox videos on Android, visit the Google Play store on your Android tablet and download the Screambox app.
Once installed, launch the Screambox application and select your scream of choice. You will be prompted to enter your member credentials which are the email and password used to create your account on Screambox.com.
WHAT ARE THE DEVICES YOU SUPPORT? WHAT ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS?
To watch movies on Screambox you will need a computer or supported internet-connected device, in addition to a Screambox membership.
We recommend a downstream bandwidth of at least 2.0 Mbps for Standard Definition (SD) videos and 4.0 Mbps for High Definition (HD) videos. You can verify your downstream bandwidth here.
PC or Mac:
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or above, Macintosh OX X 10.5 “Leopard” or above, or Linux.
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and later, Firefox 18.0 and later, Safari 5.0 or above, or Chrome. We recommend installing the latest version of your web browser for optimal playback experience. Find the latest versions here:
Tablet or Smartphone Browser:
A high-speed wireless data connection over WiFi, 4G or 3G cellular.
- iOS 5.0 and later, Android 4.0 “Ice Cream Sandwich” and later, Windows 8 and later and Windows Phone 7 and later.
- For Android devices, we recommend installing a 3rd party media player such as MX Player, Mobo Player and VLC Player. When playing back on a mobile browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Android browser you will be given the option at time of play to use the installed 3rd party player for playback of the desired video.
Tablets & Phones Applications:
- Apple iOS app supports all iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touches with iOS8 or later.
- Android app (tablet only) or on your Android phone’s web browser.
- Amazon Fire Tablets
- Roku 3 or later
- Amazon Fire TV & Stick
- Google Chromecast (Coming soon)
SCREAMBOX ISN’T AVAILABLE ON THE DEVICE I WANT TO USE. WHAT CAN I DO?
You can use your internet browser to watch Screambox. You can also email us at email@example.com and let us know what device you’re looking for.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS IF I CAN’T INSTALL THE SCREAMBOX APP BECAUSE MY DEVICE IS OUT OF SPACE?
If you can’t install the Screambox applications on your mobile or tablet device because you do not have enough memory, we recommend temporarily uninstalling other applications or moving them to an SD card to free up memory.
You can always watch Screambox on your device’s browser.
HOW DO I WATCH A VIDEO?
Members can watch any video by clicking on the video image. Some Screambox applications require you to press play a second time once the video page loads.
If you are having difficulty watching content on a specific device, click here.
I CAN’T PLAY SCREAMBOX ON MY DEVICE. WHAT DO I DO?
Click here to find the device you’re using.
I CAN’T HEAR THE AUDIO ON A SCREAMBOX MOVIE. WHAT DO I DO?
If you having issues with audio it could be due to the settings on your computer or device. We recommended you try the following to resolve the problem:
Verify Video Player Settings
- Verify your web player settings by checking the volume level on the Screambox player. You will see a speaker icon in the lower right hand corner, which will indicate your volume level. Make sure audio is not muted or the settings are two low.
Verify System Settings
- For your computer, check your system settings to ensure audio is enabled. For a windows PC, double-click the volume icon in the System Tray and verify that none of the audio settings are muted. On Mac, audio controls can be found in the upper right hand corner of the screen, or via buttons on your keyboard.
- For tablet applications you can mute or adjust the volume using the physical volume keys on the side of your device, make sure these are at the desired levels.
- For set-top-box and game console applications, use your TV’s remote control to adjust volume up and down.
- Try playing audio from another application on your device such as iTunes, Windows Media Player or Quick Time to confirm audio is working for audio files stored locally on your computer. If not, there may be an issue with your computer affecting all audio playback.
- On a PC or Mac you can also try quitting or restarting your browser and logging onto Screambox.com again.
WHAT DOES VIDEO RESOLUTION MEAN?
Video resolution is the quality level of the video you are watching. Higher resolution means a better quality viewing experience, but it can create stuttering or choppy viewing if you have a slow internet connection. High Definition (HD) video performs best with a fast broadband data connection. Resolution on your screen is affected by your local network conditions as well as the quality level the video was originally filmed in.
WHY CAN’T I WATCH A VIDEO IN HIGHER RESOLUTION?
Many of our videos can be streamed in full 1080P HD quality. Video resolution is in part determined by the resolution level the original program was filmed in. Some Screambox movies were filmed at a lower resolution level and are not available in HD resolution.
HOW CAN I WATCH A VIDEO IN FULL SCREEN?
On the Screambox website and tablet applications, click on the expand option in the lower right corner of the video player. For some tablet applications, double tapping the screen will initiate full screen viewing.
WHAT IS SIMULTANEOUS STREAMING?
Simultaneous streaming is when more than one device is streaming videos while logged into the same account. The maximum number of simultaneous streams allowed under the Screambox Terms & Conditions is two.
WHY ARE MY VIDEOS STARTING AND STOPPING REPEATEDLY?
Our video player adaptively adjusts to your local network conditions to provide the highest quality playback experience possible. Many of our videos are available in full HD, which require a broadband internet connection.
Keep in mind that running multiple devices can slow your streaming speed and disrupt performance. For example, if you are trying to stream Screambox and there are game systems, mobile devices, or computers pulling from your bandwidth at the same time, that drain can also cause streaming issues.
If you have shut off other devices that are pulling from your bandwidth and still experiencing issues, here are some other options to check out.
If you are experiencing reduced video quality, please try the following:
- Confirm your data connection speed by going to net. Click on the Begin Test button and compare your results to our system requirements.
- Reset your wireless router. Restarting your modem can improve temporary connection problems.
- Close any other programs that you don’t need open, particularly bandwidth-intensive applications such as watching video, downloading media, online gaming, or video calling services. Similarly, if there are other devices on your network running data-intensive applications it could impact the quality of playback.
Stuttering or Pausing:
- If you are experiencing stuttering while on a wireless connection, try moving your device closer to your wireless router or plug your computer into a hardwired broadband connection.
- Check to see if you are running into the same video quality problems on a different web browser.
- Disable hardware acceleration on the Adobe Flash Player by right-clicking anywhere in the video player and selecting “Settings.” Uncheck the “Enable hardware acceleration” option.
Videos Won’t Start At All:
- Try clearing your browser cache/temporary internet files.
- We recommend a downstream bandwidth of at least 2.0 Mbps for Standard Definition (SD) videos and 4.0 Mbps for High Definition (HD) videos. You can verify your downstream bandwidth here.
- You may need to temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to complete the test. Allow Screambox as a trusted site in your firewall software.
CAN I DOWNLOAD VIDEOS TO MY COMPUTER?
No. Screambox is a streaming-only service.
CAN I USE SCREAMBOX OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.?
Due to regulations in different countries, Screambox is currently only available in the United States. However, we are trying to expand our reach.