ACCOUNT & BILLING
HOW MUCH DOES A SCREAMBOX MEMBERSHIP COST?
We have 3 primary subscription plans:
- $4.99 – Monthly plan, billed every month on the date of sign up.
- $11.97 – Quarterly plan, billed every 3 months on the date of sign up.
- $35.88 – Annual plan, billed every year on the date of sign up. The annual plan breaks down to $2.99 per month ($2.99 x 12 months = $35.88).
Want to change your subscription plan? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DO YOU ACCEPT?
We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover.
HOW DO I FIND MY USERNAME / DISPLAY NAME?
Your user name or display name is listed in the upper right corner on Screambox.
I FORGOT MY PASSWORD, HOW CAN I RETRIEVE IT?
- Go to the upper right corner of any page and sign in.
- Beneath the password field, click on the link that says “Forgot Password?” and enter the email address you used to create your Screambox account.
- Password reset instructions will be emailed to you immediately.
If you do not receive the instructions within 30 minutes please notify us at email@example.com.
HOW DO I START A FREE TRIAL?
Click the “Try It Free” button in the top right corner of any page. Create a membership using your Facebook account, or enter a valid email address and password. To watch content during your free trial, you will need to enter your name and a valid form of payment. You will not be billed until you have completed your free trial period, and you can cancel your subscription at any time.
I’M TRYING TO START MY FREE TRIAL. WHY AREN’T MY SIGNUP ATTEMPTS WORKING?
There are a couple possibilities:
- You already received a free trial and canceled your membership.
- You’re not in the United States; Screambox is only available from a U.S. IP address.
- Your method of payment is not valid for online recurring transactions; this is common for prepaid or reloadable debit cards.
- The ZIP code you’re using doesn’t match what the bank has on file.
- The 3-digit security code (or 4 if you are using American Express) is incorrect.
If you haven’t received a free trial in the past, and everything looks correct but you’re still unable to start your free trial, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WILL MY SCREAMBOX MEMBERSHIP BE EFFECTIVE ON OTHER DEVICES?
That depends on the other device or service.
Your Screambox membership entitles you to instant access on any Screambox supported device. This includes mobile apps, tablets, and web browsers. All you need to do is login with the email and password, or Facebook account, used to create your account on Screambox.com.
However, if you created your Screambox membership on Amazon Channels, it can only be viewed on Amazon Channels. If you signed up through AppleTV, Roku, or Le Echo, email email@example.com to see how you can watch Screambox on other platforms.
CAN I SYNC MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT WITH MY SCREAMBOX ACCOUNT?
Definitely! You can either use your Facebook credentials to create your Screambox membership, and use that to log back into your account. If you already created your Screambox membership and want to link it to your Facebook account:
- Click on your name on the upper right corner
- Select “Account”
- Under “Personal Info” you’ll see a Facebook Connect box. Click that and follow the prompts to connect your account with Screambox.
Additionally, if you want to share a specific title with friends on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ you can click on the Share arrow icon at the bottom of the play screen.
Screambox will never post to Facebook without your permission.
WHAT CAN I SHARE WHEN I LOG INTO SCREAMBOX WITH FACEBOOK?
Screambox will never post anything to Facebook or any other social network without your permission. By clicking on the Share button at the bottom of the video player, you can share any video with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
HOW DO I REMOVE MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT FROM MY SCREAMBOX ACCOUNT?
- Click on your name in the upper right hand corner
- Select “Account”
- Click on the Facebook Disconnect button
- If you are logged into Screambox with your Facebook credentials, you will be logged out. To log back in, use the email address associated with your Facebook account, and your Screambox password, to gain access.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I EDIT MY PROFILE?
To make changes to your Screambox account profile:
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of Screambox.
- Select “Account” and you will have the option to edit your personal information, including email, password, and display name. You will also be able to update your payment information.
- Make sure to save your changes when you’re finished.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY PROFILE PICTURE?
If you have linked your Screambox account to your Facebook account, your Facebook profile picture will be presented next to your name on Screambox. The profile picture can only be changed by managing your profile settings on the Facebook website or application. For more information, click here.
MY COMMENT WAS DELETED. WHY?
The Screambox community is primarily a self-governed environment. Our social media team moderates these discussions and, from time-to-time, removes a comment if we believe it is abusive or offensive to other Screambox users.
Additionally, users may sometimes report comments they find offensive directly to Facebook. Even though this is a Screambox Facebook page, we do not control what Facebook deems inappropriate. If you wish to contest being blocked, you will need to submit a petition through Facebook.
HOW CAN I LEAVE A COMMENT?
At Screambox our users have a voice. We believe true horror fans have a lot to say and Screambox is the place to connect with other liked-minded fans. Beneath each video player there is a comments section where you can tell the community what you think of that title.
HOW DO I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE SCREAMBOX NEWSLETTER?
You can easily unsubscribe from the Screambox newsletter by scrolling to the bottom of the email and clicking on the “unsubscribe” link.
PLEASE NOTE: Unsubscribing from the Screambox newsletter will NOT unsubscribe you from your Screambox subscription. If you need help canceling your subscription, please review the FAQ on this page.
HOW DO I FIND THE TITLES I ADDED TO MY QUEUE / FAVORITES / WATCH LIST?
To access your favorites / watch list Queue on Screambox.com, click your user name in the top right corner. You’ll see the Queue link. Click that and you’ll be taken to a page with all the titles you saved.
For downloadable Screambox applications, click the title you want to put in your Queue. There will be a button marked “+ Favorites”; select that, and the movie will be added to your Favorites list. To access your Favorites, click on the “Favorites” button from the drop down menu.
Videos added on the Screambox.com website or applications will be updated across all your devices.
HOW DO I REMOVE TITLES FROM MY QUEUE / FAVORITES / WATCH LIST?
On Screambox.com, click your user name in the top right corner. You’ll see the Queue list link. Click that and you’ll be taken to a page with all the titles you saved.
From there, hover over the movie poster and click the “- Queue” link; the movie will be removed from your Queue or favorites list.
For downloadable Screambox applications, click on the “Favorites” button from the drop down menu. Select the video you want to remove, and you will see a “- Favorites” option. Select that, and the title will be removed from your list.
Videos removed on the Screambox.com website or applications will be updated across all your devices.
I NEVER RECEIVED MY MEMBERSHIP CONFIRMATION EMAIL?
Upon starting your free trial membership you should immediately receive a welcome email confirming the start of your trial period. If you did not receive this email it could be:
- –Your spam filter inadvertently identified it as spam; please check your spam folder.
- –You misspelled your email address during account creation, in which case please email email@example.com and we will reset your email. Please be sure to include your first and last name, and your correct email address.
HOW DO I CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION?
You can easily cancel your membership at any time, online, 24-hours a day, with no cancellation fees. We do not issue refunds for partial subscriptions.
- On the Screambox website, click your member name in the top right corner.
- Select “Account” from the drop down menu.
- On the account page you will see an option to cancel your membership.
PLEASE NOTE: If you created your Screambox account through iTunes, Roku, or Amazon Channels, you will need to cancel your subscription through those services. We do not have access to accounts created through partner platforms.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
HOW DO I UPDATE MY PAYMENT INFORMATION?
Log in to your Screambox account and follow these steps:
- At the top right, click on your name.
- Select “Account” from the drop down menu.
- Under “Subscription” you will find a section that lists the last four digits of the credit card associated with the account. Select the “Edit” button.
- A field will open that allows you to update your payment information.